Thursday, June 26, 2008

2 week update (a little late)

So it doesn't seem fair to give an update since Steve was on day 3 of his diet this past Monday. In any case, I will share that in week 2 I lost 3.2 lbs.....grand total of 7.6 lbs. I am supremely confident that this will slow greatly in weeks 3 and 4 - but I have my secret weapon for when that happens....actually going to the gym. You know the one I pay every month so I have the option to workout. I have been doing nightly walks of 30-45 mins, but it is getting muggier and buggier every night.

I am also happy to report that Steve on Monday was down 1 lb. He also randomly posts his actual weight on his site - so I will leave it to him to update his progress. He hasn't fully adopted the ww points plan- but does check in with me to see how many points values of different foods. For the record, they give 0 pts to most veggies and salsa is also a 0-1 pt option (depending on how much you eat). Steve has taken to sliced green pepper with salsa as a good snacking option.

Even if at this week's weigh in Steve has lost tons of weight while perhaps not following as strict of diet, I will be happy. While getting to healthier weights is one of the goals this is more about enstilling healthier eating habits that will last beyond the weight loss.

1 comment:

Teach said...

I think it is highly unlikely that Steve will have lost "tons" of weight. That would be a great feat!