Sunday, June 22, 2008

Biggest Loser(s)

Ok let's just overlook my lack of updates on the house. We have started a new project called remodeling our stomachs.

2 weeks ago I decided to step out of denial about the amount of weight I have gained in the last few months. I did the mental game of - well as long as I weigh less than X, I'm not so bad. Of course I made that number 5 lbs more than I thought I was (having not weighed myself in quite a while). When I saw that I was only .5 lbs less than my inflated estimate - reality hit.

I knew I could talk myself into exercise - it was the change in diet that seemed overwhelming. I went to weight watchers to check out their online points system. They were offering one-week free trial - so I figured why not? In the first week I lost 4.4 lbs and this week I am on track to lose another 2-3lbs. My official weigh in day is Monday.

This past Friday, Steve and I met for lunch at Chipotle -one of my favorite places (pre-dieting). I was able to put together a lower point option and had to manage the rest of my food intake that day. I also decided to challenge Steve to participate in my quest to lose weight. After fattening him up, Steve agreed to take the challenge. His goal is to lose 30 lbs and mine is to lose 25. I figured I need to give myself a stretch goal (still within my ideal weight for my height) since I am a few weeks ahead of him.

No before pics at this point. Perhaps when we get a little further I can post the house and the owner before/after shots!

4 comments:

Teach said...

Go get' em, girl! Miss Macy is cheering for you:)

Boys suck!

Katie said...

Watch your language young lady!

Sandy said...

Good girl! Just don't be disappointed when he loses his weight faster than you do. When men do this WW thing, they lose way faster than we do. Sigh.

Kate said...

Ha ha! Sandy's comment makes me think of this commercial for some female diet aid. You know, with the drawn characters? Where the first thing she loses is her boobs? :-)

Good luck, you two! Changing your diet, but still being able to enjoy some of your favorites, is hard but totally doable. I don't know about WW points, but in the diabetic world, a McDonald's cheeseburger is only 2 carbs and all the protein you'd want. :-D