Sunday, June 25, 2006

Girls Gone Wild - Part 1

The weekend started off great! Amy my bridesmaid a friend from UofI came in late Friday night. She was nice enough to allow extra time to finish the 4 loads of laundry (in the new washing machine and dryer) and running around trying to make the house more presentable. We also exchanged Xmas/Birthday presents. I love my new tee shirts - a custom made shirt that has a picture of a dachshund and says low rider and a Sixteen Candles "I Love Jake Ryan".

Saturday morning Amy and I ran errands with Portillo (breakfast, cleaners, farmer's market, Kohl's and Target). Our dog sitter (Amber from the cleaners) picked Portillo up for the night and we were on our way to wedding shower #2 at my parent's house.

My mom, Aunt, sister and Amy did an excellent job pulling everything together. The shower went off a hitch. In addition to showering Steve and I with love and gifts, I was touched by so many of their kind words that I was unable to read many of the cards (waterworks would have ensued). Jill (MOH and my favorite/only sister) had us all in stitches as she read back to the group the notes she had taken during the shower of things I had said when opening presents.

Taken out of context, things like "Ohhh, George Foreman" does sound pretty funny.

After the very tasteful shower, me and the girls headed for 108 North for pizza and drinks on the porch. Needless to say the churchgoers across the street did not appreciate the "very classy" and anatomically correct drink straws we were using (lucky they didn't see the plates from Lover's Lane).


Jill was able to get me to drink by asking me questions she had asked Steve and I had to match his answers. I think given Steve's propensity to embellish his answers I was going to have a difficult time with many of them. We then headed into the city to my friend Rachael's new place - it is goregous! She is getting married this October to another former PwCer in Indianapolis. We cabbed it to the Hangge-Uppe near Rush and Division.


Stay tuned for pics and what happens next!

No comments: