Sunday, June 25, 2006

Girls Gone Wild - Part Deux

Brevity has never been my strong point - hence the 2 part post.

We all danced the night away to mostly 80s music. This is the 3rd bachlorette party I have attended at the Hangge Uppe and it is known for dancing and bachlorette parties.

Since I was last there - I noticed an increase in the number of "creepy old men" (read mostly over 40, unattractive and with mostly a stalker like expression). There were again many other bachlorette parties - but no other bride could match the interesting decorations I was wearing.

In fact - early in the evening, one bride's group used me as an example as "see it could be worse - we didn't do this to you". The girls were great though - no pressuring when I nursed a beer at the bar (most of my drinking was done on the porch at our house) and neglected to participate in any of the $2 shots. At about 10/10:30 I realized the alcohol was just making me sleepy - so I cut myself off and turned my attention to dancing on the stage and taking pictures with non-weirdo men.

Pictures would really help here and I will look to my girls to add in comments to shed more light into the evening's highlights:

One guy told my sister he wanted to take a picture with me and decided I was a perfect candidate for being put up on his shoulders. I fought back pretty hard and lost that battle. I can only assume that the look on my face captured the shock I was in.

Deanna - my dear friend from hs, started the evening refusing to dance because she was wearing a short skirt and managed to end the evening on the stage showing me her pole dancing moves (she also was bought a drink for her efforts).

Kate (aka Hot Momma) proved the childbirth has not slowed her down and was able to show off some of her belly dancing techniques.

Nothing could have been cuter than Jill and I dancing together in what Tony (Jill's husband) refers to as the Moylan girls moves - I guess we not only look alike but we also dance alike?

I am sure I missed something - but that is all I can remember. When I can get the pictures downloaded from my mom's camera, I will post the evidence.

Finally, a hearfelt apology to my future husband. I text messaged you early in the evening in the hopes that you would write back. My signal was not strong enough and the message never made it through. Somewhere in the evening, that detail slipped my mind. So in the cab back to Rachael's place, I was bemoaning the fact that you never wrote me back (nevermind the fact that it was very early morning your time). Sorry - I was just missing you and knew that you would appreciate knowing I was out and celebrating!

3 comments:

Der General said...

That's my girl. You make me proud and I hope everybody had a good time. Sounds like it. Yeah, chicks kick a**.

Anonymous said...

I think that all of the chicks are lucky that we were married before you - it made it awfully easy to adorne you with wieners....no possible retribution! -A

Kate said...

I know you're just trying to be demure, but, c'mon--your P-Vision was on fire that night! :-)