Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hey Harvey!

We are pleased to announce the latest addition to our family - Harvey the Highlander Hybrid.

This is a picture of what Harvey will look like in the rain that is due today and with his new sunroof (which is being installed at the moment).

We decided to take the plunge this weekend into full yuppiehood and get not only an suv but a hyrbid. I love it and am thoroughly annoyed at the non-hybrid loaner from the dealer which requires a REAL key and gasp - doesn't tell me my mpg! I know the horror. Let's just say in a mere 5 days I have gotten used to all of the bells and whistles of Harvey.

Not to brag - but Harvey is smart and therefore only requires a button to start. He is also wise enough to show me what is behind me so that I don't run over things (btw no beeping noise either Prius owners). It is making me a more cautious driver as I am aware of the size difference between a car and an suv. I also have a fun new game to play called - drive so that you can get your mpg as high as possible.

So why the name Harvey - well first off we are big geeks and wanted alliteration AND a certain song from hs about a hamster pops into my head when ever I hear the name Harvey. 2pts if you can name both the song and the artist!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Is it Harvey the Wonder Hamster by Weird Al. I don't remember the lyrics; but I do remember the title.

Good for you on the new purchase!!

Sandy said...

Nice ride!

Katie said...

Kristy you are correct! If I remember correctly -

Harvey the wonder hamster. He doesn't bite. He doesn't squeel. He just wants to run on his hamster wheel. Harvey the wonder hamster. Hey Harvey!

And if you are 16 and really annoying you put the Hey Harvey part on someone's answering machine - over and over and over again.

Teach said...

Welcome to the hybrid world! Glad to hear that the annoying beep function was left off of Harvey. If you feel like you're missing out, we'd be willing to trade either of our hybrids for Harvey:)