Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The "Real" 108 North


We are in!

As of May 19th (when the big furniture made it's trek from Aurora to Naperville), we became residents of 108 North. Disregard the fact that today is 6-6-06 and we still have stuff at the townhouse.

Let's recap -

A few posts ago, I marvelled at the fact that April flew by. I should have taken this as a sign of how the month of May would go. The first few weeks were all about packing and checking a few things off the wedding to do list. On Memorial weekend, we had a garage sale to help my mom and aunt get rid of the many treasures that have been stored at 108 for many years. I will admit that a few did not make it to the sales floor (ie. the CandyLand that mom and aunt played, Dallas the board game which I took for a co-worker, and my first stuffed animal "Cookie" the dog who I couldn't part with).

In the midst of selling, the girls (Kate, Jeanne and Deanna) stopped by for our first Wedding Rehearsal (they are our vocalists at the wedding). This gave us all a chance to ooh and ahh over Kate and BJ's first-born, Zoe (for pictures please visit www.lippoldthaus.com), who was an angel and did not make a peep as her mom bounced her and sang. "Uncle" Steve, however, had to be restrained from kidnapping the poor child as he pushed her stroller up and down the sidewalk. To quote Steve, "It's like kettle drums in my ears" - referencing his sudden desire to have babies NOW. [No worries - not in the plan for a while :) ]

Post-singing rehearsal, the gang headed to downtown Naperville for lunch at Quigleys. It was a great way to spend the day and I am so glad that the girls are willing to sing at the wedding.

After the long Memorial Day weekend, I headed back to beautiful Texas for my second week in a row. Needless to say, unpacking, organizing and moving the rest of our stuff has been a low priority.

This past weekend was the annual LaGrange Pet Parade where Steve, PorTillo and I got to hang out with the Grosskopf/Schmit and friends clan. It was gorgeous weather and we all enjoyed getting to see many of the cousins before some of them depart for Montana and the land of Cheese. PorTillo provided clean-up assistance as he ate every chip and cracker that hit the ground (and a brownie).

Somehow in the last week I was able to squeeze in addressing wedding invitations, which will be completed tonight. If I was forward-thinking and had a digital camera, I would include a picture of the invite here. Just going to have wait for it to come in the mail - sorry.

It is only appropriate that I acknowledge today's date as 6-6-06, since we were engaged on 5-5-05 and a few people recommended this for our wedding date. As a true sign of coincidence, I noticed that it is also 66 days until our wedding today, which only confirms my suspicisions.

It will surely be hot on my wedding day in August!

more pics of the house.........................