Friday, June 30, 2006

Celebrating Germany in Naperville?

I swear I am not making this up.

Last night the Naperville Municipal Band's concert theme was "Celebrating Our German Heritage". I kid you not.

Steve's niece, Nicole, is in town this week from Iowa. So I decided to invite her out to Naperville for the concert to celebrate our German roots and Steve's trip.

PorTillo even broke out the lederhosen for the occasion. Ok - so that part I made up, because if he had lederhosen we would surely have a picture of him wearing them.

Nicole and I had a great time as the weather was just perfect. After a few songs, I realized hmm perhaps a band concert is not as exciting for an almost 6th grader as one would have thought. I think she was grateful to be relaxing and resting her feet after a long day at the Brookfield Zoo. We ended up chatting through most of the concert and eating the most chocolatey of brownies. It was good to get some visiting in with my one and only jr. bridesmaid.

Almost forgot - we also made a stop at Sts. Peter and Paul Church (where Steve and I will tie the knot in 43 days). I wanted Nicole to get a chance to see the long aisle we will both be walking down that day.

On that note, I guess I should get back to some of those wedding details.

Auf Wiedersehen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents were at the band concert last night as well! My great-grandmother was supposed to join them, but was tired after a long day. I guess they announced that someone was turning 104 on Saturday, but couldn't be at the concert. -Deanna :)

Katie said...

That's your great-grandma - Tell her happy b-day!

This town gets smaller every day.

Anonymous said...

Wow the church is awesome!! Gonna be a pretty picture walking down that aisle. :)

Diana-

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »