Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Wedding Dreams

Not so long ago (2 weeks at most), I commented that the purpose of a blog is to write about what is going on in your life and to comment on things going on in the world. I also forgot the all important - means of capturing memories, thoughts and ideas that would otherwise be lost. Hence this post about the "dreams" I have been having over the last few years about my wedding.

I often hear other women say, " I have dreamed about this day since I was a little girl." Now, I remembering playing house and thinking about being married and having a family. I don't really remember as a child every thinking about what my dress would look like or riding in on a horse. Perhaps if I had dreamed those things as a child - I wouldn't have space in my brain for the adult wedding dreams (aka nightmares).

I guess I have to go back a few years. I am pretty sure that this was pre-Steve. My first wedding related "dream" involved my ex-boyfriend from high school MK. Although MK and I have not seen each other in years, somehow I had a dream that MK proposed to me with a huge yellow diamond (this must have been at the time JLo got her pink/yellow? diamond).

It was huge - I am talking like 5+ carats. Wow - that's impressive. Except - it was shaped like Africa. And I mean really detailed that I clearly knew it was Africa.

I am sure there have been others - but I also remember a dream I was having during March Madness 05 (the year the Illini actually went somewhere). This was a few months before Steve actually proposed and getting engaged was obviously heavily on my mind.

Alas, in this dream it was Illini Center James Augustine who proposed to me - the night before a "big game". I think it was the Final Four in my head. Anyhoo - although I knew I wanted to marry Steve in my dream, I decided to "take one for the team" and accepted Augustine's proposal so as to not mess with the streak the Illini were on. Unfortunately, my dream engagement was not enough to get the Illini that final win :(

I do also remember since getting engaged that I had a dream where everything was wrong including the Church. A new church magically appeared next to my church - because my church was no longer available.

Most recently (what spurred this blog), I had a bizarre dream about the guest list. I was at my wedding and not quite sure how many people I had invited as many people were not there. I realized in the dream that the invitations only went out to the people that I currently have addresses for (probably less than half). I also had no clue how many had accepted.

To make things more confusing, there was also another wedding going on right next to us. My jr high boyfriend BB was there with his wife. He stopped by to ask me why I didn't invite him to my wedding. Crazy enough - I remember Steve and I having a great time and basically just dancing the night away.

So I guess my psyche is trying to tell me to get back on the ball and finalize the guest list and get those addresses. I am sure I will have many more weird wedding dreams in the upcoming months (just 4 months from tomorrow).

2 comments:

Kate said...

You will! For example, I had countless dreams about being late but it was never my fault. They were each a little bit different, but left me frantic nonetheless. Strangely enough, I had one or two of those *after* we were married!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. free tips quitting smoking Australian hair removal cream Uk car seat cover Concessionnaires fiat kia parts canada blood pressure monitors in consumer reports Www modelos latinas Nortons parental control download Seat cover golf cart Forex free signal trail