Sunday, August 12, 2007

New views

We haven't been impacted too much from the work being done on the house. For the most part, all of the dust and dirt has been contained upstairs.

The one exception is in the bathroom downstairs. Since the plumbing is stacked, they replaced the pipe that connects from downstairs to upstairs. It required cutting a hole in the downstairs ceiling which enabled us to take these shots...

Me in the bathroom downstairs while Steve is in the bathroom upstairs (taken from both vantage points). I know we are 2 wild and crazy kids!!!

Other than a great deal of dirt and heat getting through which forced us to move all toiletries out of the bathroom - this wasn't a big deal...until today.

Today when I went to do laundry in the basement, I noticed water on the floor. Apparently there is some kind of blockage which now prevents us from using any water upstairs. The washer drains right there in the basement. Fortunately, my mom teaches close by and was able to get us access to the school bathroom and we will be staying at their house tonight.

Never missing a moment to joke about it. Steve proclaimed that our anniversary had really gone down the crapper. My reply, "Yes, it's a real pisser."

1 comment:

Teach said...

I think I have to agree with Steve on this one, what a crazy way to spend your anniversary! Although, I am glad you took the time to do it so I could see exactly what's been going on there this week.