Monday, May 07, 2007

Shopping!

We had the contractor over this evening to do another walk through and talk more numbers. The goal is still to start things in early June. With that in mind we really should be doing more to box things up - the less we have out and in their way the better.

We also walked through all of the purchases that need to be made - which is clearly the more fun part. Here's what's on the list (side note: Steve wanted me to write all of this down when the contractor was here - just so we don't forget what we need to do.....I hear where he is coming from - but this is shopping....no chance of me forgetting what we need on this one!):

1. Double vanity, 2 sinks, 2 faucets and a large mirror for the new bathroom upstairs (existing ktichen) - we have started referring to this as the kids' bathroom
2. Single Vanity, sink, faucet and mirror for the master bath - I am starting to think pedestal - but we will see on that one. I figure if we do for pedestal I will have more options on side storage cabinets.
3. Two toilets!!
4. Corner shower for the master bath
5. Shower/Bath combo for kids bath
6. Tile for both bathrooms
7. A whole mess of light fixtures
8. A storage chest for the kids bathroom linens - hopefully we can refurbish something from a flea market or garage sale

So when all is said and done - we will have tripled the number of working bathrooms in the house. We have done pretty well with just the one small bathroom - but there have definitely been some difficult moments when it would have been nice to have more than one. We also opted to keep it a single sink in our bathroom. A double would probably fit - but since the bathroom ceiling is sloped - I figured I'd rather have the storage space than the extra sink. Besides - I can always regulate Steve to the full bath downstairs or take over the kids bath until they are of age to realize it.

I have collected a few pictures of things I like so far. I am sure this will change when I actually go see them in person.
ok - I give up. I am using Steve's laptop and it is very slow. I am going to go search for a few pics of my "dream" bathrooms - to get a few more ideas and call it a night...


One more thing. We also will need a new washer and dryer, but since we are keeping the ones we have in the basement - there is no rush on this purchase...here is the Maytage Neptune front loader washer. Teach and the doc just got new appliances - so I will have to get some recommendations from them on this one.


Did I mention that Steve checked in on me mid-post and asked if my OCD had kicked in yet? That was a good 30 mins ago, so I think the answer would be yes now.

No comments: