Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Unknowingly keeping Da Bears 6-0

Sometime during the 4th Quarter I got a phone call from Steve who was watching the game from a local watering hall with a few friends.

"Go to my closet and put on my Walter Payton jersey right now".

I am not a wife who takes kindly to such demands - but I had seen the 4 interceptions in the first half and I knew what I would have to deal with if the Bears continued down the path of a total disaster.

Miraculously, the Bears pulled out a win as I learned in another call (putting on the jersey didn't curtail my watching home improvement shows).

Just happy I was able to help out the team.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think between you putting on the jersey, me turning off the game to watch All My Children, and Zoe wearing her jersey all day (she wore it last week, too), we all played our parts.
Apparently Larry Potash did as well (did you see 'GN this AM?).