Monday, October 09, 2006

Reflection

Yesterday we celebrated Steve's 35th birthday with the family (although the actual date is this Sat the 14th). It has been a tradition for the last few years to go bowling for his birthday.

So in the spirit of celebrating my hubby, I started thinking about how in addition to a bowling birthday what else Steve has brought into my life (in no particular order).

1. Watching the news in the morning - I am just not a news person in general and so without Steve I probably would have never known what was going on in the world.
2. NPR - to be honest I am more tolerant of news in the morning than news radio, but it is good to see this whole other world called "Wait, wait don't tell me" and "Car Talk" - although I can only handle about 15 mins
3. Rescue Me - definitely a show I would have never thought to watch. Plus the theme song gets stuck in my head.
4. Discovery & History Channels - 2 channels I seriously never knew existed
5. Elvis - while I will always be more of a Beatles girl - I have to say that the man has grown on me
6. People watching - Steve enjoys sitting and watching people more than anyone I know and so when I travel (read am stuck in the airport or eating dinner by myself without a book) - I find myself people watching because I know how much Steve would appreciate it - if he was there.
7. Soccer - I now not only understand some of the rules - but can sit through a whole game and plus I love the side bets
8. Beer - now I am not saying I enjoy beer anymore than pS (pre-Steve), but I have a better appreciation for how many different kinds there are
9. Rolling Stones - another band that I always enjoyed - but didn't get until we saw them live
10. Fantasy football - I haven't gone so far as to look at "his guys" but I do ask how he is doing and have a general understanding of how it works

On the flip side - here is what (I think) I have brought to Steve - perhaps he has his own thoughts.... (hint, hint - this is where you chime in)


1. Watching videos on MTV and VH1 in the morning
2. College basketball
3. Little dogs
4. Apple donuts from the Long Grove Apple Festival
5. Westin's Heavenly Bed
6. Russell's dry cleaners
7. Panera's Potato soup
8. Mall walking
9. Home repair/design shows
10. Tom Petty

No comments: