Tuesday, June 20, 2006

When it rains, it pours!

I had my first Wedding Shower this past weekend with Steve's family. It really was a showering of love and support. Fortunately, I was able to spend a good portion of Sunday figuring out where all of our gifts were going to find a home. Right now everything has a spot - but as I re-organized I remembered that I have at least a few boxes of housewares that were packed in advance of showing the townhouse. These remain unpacked and will need to find a new home eventually. We also have 2 more showers - 1 with my family/friends and a "not a couples shower" with the MPU (Mobile Party Unit/Mobile Parenting Unit).

When I registered, I tired to be on the conservative side for a few reasons - we already have a few things from our townhouse and I was sure there were some items at 108 that I would inherit. What I failed to account for was a very small kitchen. I had planned on storing some of the bigger/non-daily use items upstairs in the kitchen's built-in cabinets. I was able to bring a piece in from the garage which will need to be repainted and have shelves put in. It was my mom and aunt's armoire where they stored their clothes. Pictures to come when it is all finished!

It is crazy to think that I feel like I am already "out of space" in a house that is way bigger than our townhouse. I think it will just take time to find a home for everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... medicine + vicodin + infmation